We Are Learning About…

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

We have been focusing on this reading strategy…

Use word parts to determine the meaning of words. (prefixes, suffixes, origins (where the words came from), abbreviations (ATM, jnr.), compound words (Some – one).
I have been reading ‘The Folk Of The Faraway Tree’
We had to choose three words out of the lists that we had been collecting.

We had to choose one the was interesting, we had to choose one that had a lot of word parts and last of all choose one that you found meaning from the word parts.

I found…

Simultaneously as my most interesting word – simulate (base word) eous (makes it fit) ly (makes it fit)

Unexpectedly as my word with the most parts to it – un (prefixes) expect (base word) ed (suffix) ly (suffix)

Acceleration as the one i found meaning out of – accelerate (base word) ation (makes it fit)

Whats the word with the most parts in the book your reading?